Careers At Schnee's
Schnee's is located in the heart of historic downtown Bozeman, Montana. Our employees live and work in Montana and our success is based on creating an environment that fosters cooperation, praise, integrity, and mutual respect. These core values will help us achieve the necessary focused growth that will secure our future.
We're especially interested in people who share our love of the outdoors, our passion for quality and our desire to make a difference. Schnee's is an equal opportunity employer.
Mail resumes to: email@example.com
Schnee's, Inc. is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Staff Accountant. This position will be responsible for the following duties:
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Tracking Budget Expenses, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Organization, Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies anddocumentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Applicants for this position should possess the following traits and skills:
Organized, Attention to Detail, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, Proficient with PC and Microsoft Products, Proficient with Inventory Management and Accounting Software, 4 year Accounting or Business related degree, CPA or CPA Candidate
Schnee's is seeking employees for our Bozeman boot making facility. For 30 years, we have been handcrafting the best hunting boots in the world from our factory right here in Bozeman, Montana. We provide training and a rewarding career path for our boot makers. Sewing experience is helpful but not necessary. If you would like to learn the art and craft of leather work, sewing and boot making, please contact us.
Retail Sales Associates
Schnee's is seeking sales associates for a retail store in Bozeman, MT. Must have the ability to multi task efficiently, great attention to detail and accuracy with strong communication and listening skills. Must be a team player and willing to support other departments. Responsibilities include demonstrating outstanding customer service and selling skills, organizing the floor and stock areas, assisting customers, answering phones and excellent product knowledge.
Customer Service Associates
Schnee's is seeking customer service associates for our web, catalog and customer service center in Bozeman, MT. Must have strong computer skills, the ability to multi task efficiently, great attention to detail and accuracy with strong communication and listening skills. Must be a team player and willing to support other departments. Responsibilities include demonstrating outstanding customer service and selling skills, answering phones, taking orders and above all else, making sure our customers are happy.