Ample room for multi-day backcountry hunts.
The new BEARTOOTH 80 pack is built for the hunter who values organization and varied access to the essentials. Built on the Mystery Ranch new Guide Light MT Frame™, this pack offers major load-hauling capability and features a quick-attach frame capture for easier Overload™ feature usage. The unique 270° “duffel-style” zipper opening offers easy access no matter how it’s packed – from the top, side, or bottom. Multiple pockets both outside and on the main opening’s inside flap keep all the essentials close at hand.
- The new GUIDE LIGHT MT FRAME™ (Mystery Tech) continues the load carriage tradition of the tried- and-true GUIDE LIGHT FRAME™ and its rigid yet dynamic frame system, but with a few discrete changes. Utilizing custom-developed SJ Autolock buckles throughout, this new hardware collection provides the perfect blend of strength and weight. The 500D Light Plus fabric delivers high tensile and tear resistance, key characteristics for a robust, purpose-driven hunting frame.
- The patented Futura Yoke easily micro adjusts to the torso length allowing the proper amount of stand-off between the back and frame.
- The five-point waist belt incorporates the highly functional Redirect system and delivers solid weight distribution and eliminates slippage over your hips, regardless of the load.
- 270° “duffel-style” access
- New light weight SJ Autolock buckles
- Removable lid with zippered pockets
- Zippered face pocket
- Two inner zipper pockets on inside of opening flap
- Compatible with quick attach for bow or rifle carry
- Quick attach frame cap hardware provides easier Overload Shelf™ conversion
- Hydration reservoir compatible
- Telescoping yoke for custom torso fit
- 330D Lite plus CORDURA® fabric
- YKK® zippers
- Lightweight SJ Autolock buckles
Weight - 6.7 lbs
Volume - 5187 cu-in
Dimensions - 30.25"x15"x16.5"
Frame System - Guide Light MT Frame
Harnessing Style - Framed
Awesome in every way. I own a MR Pintler as well, and this is like the upgraded big brother. The new belt system is definitely an improvement, no more pouches, spray or holsters pulling the belt web slack down when you unclip. All my belt goodies stay put now, plus more/better padding. Next biggest improvement is the access to the load hauling shelf, which is just a half dozen quick clip buckles and you’re in. For 5,100+ cubic, it packs down awesomely small. Well thought out pockets and web locations. More organization options for compartmentalizing gear, which I really appreciate...not too much though. Horseshoe shaped main compartment zip is great. Pack rides really well, most comfortable yoke system I’ve tried, and I’ve had a ton of backpacking and hunting specific packs. Haven’t hiked with more than 40lbs in it, yet, have maybe 50 miles on it. But, I’d imagine packing out a big critter with this pack would be as comfortable as it can be. Hydration sleeve fits a 3L bladder no prob. I’m really happy and impressed with this pack. Weighs 7lbs dry, but the frame is rock solid. Good zippers, quality materials and construction. People complaining about dry pack weights on packs designed to carry out massive loads should try it with their Ultralight backpacking type packs and see how they hold up.